It’s almost here! That time of year where Austin embraces global creatives during the two week whirlwind we call SXSW. We love being so close to the action and can’t wait to see you out and about. If you’re in the area, please stop by any of the events below to say hi!
- Dates/times: March 11-13th, 11am-6pm
- Location: Palmer Events Center
- Cost: Free!!
- Website: SX Create, They also have a SX Create Facebook event as a handy way to share the event.
- Description: Exciting hands-on pavilion as well as a number of wonderful STEM sessions. Gigabot Generation 3.0 and OpenGb will be printing live for onlookers while the re:3D team gives high-fives.
News & Schmooze: A SXSW Media Mixer for Startups and Investors
- Dates/times: March 11, 5:30pm
- Location: Capital Factory
- Description: We’re bringing Gigabot to print live at this invite only event hosted by our friends at Own Local! The re:3D gang will be out in full force while Jeric presents our mission and product!
Capital Factory - “Austin Goes Global” Pitch
- Dates/times: March 11, 3-5pm
- Location: The Hilton Startup Village
- Website: http://schedule.sxsw.com/2016/events/event_PP58415
- Description: Capital Factory will spotlight several startup and early stage companies already having big impact across borders, and several more on the threshold pondering what to do next…where to go…how to do it? In this conversation Katy will share re:3D’s reach.
IEEE Tech for Humanity Official SXSW Party 2016
- Dates/times: March 13th, 8-10 pm
- Location- The Driskill
- Website: http://www.cvent.com/events/ieee-tech-for-humanity-official-sxsw-party-2016/event-summary-fcfd9489c2a54a739252ae5356e427ce.aspx
- Description-Party like an engineer with IEEE and world-renowned technologists & body computing brainiacs! Join us at The Driskill with Gigabot and the re:3D team to let loose with a few drinks at the open bar and enjoy great music!
SXSW Hardware House - Hardware on Kickstarter
- Dates/times: March 14, 9:30-10:30am
- Location: Courtyard Marriot
- Website: http://schedule.sxsw.com/2016/events/event_PP58037
- Description: The exhilaration of the pitch isn’t just for Venture Capitalists anymore! Consumers, geeks and fans are tuning in each week for shows like Shark Tank (and others). How do inventors take a great idea to the airwaves and stay on task to become a great company? What are the pros and cons? Why are so many people watching and how do you capitalize on it? In this session Katy will explore how hardware innovation and entrepreneurship is being showcased and celebrated on prime time and how to make the most of it if you decide to go on the air.
Hubs/RE:3D / Draught House Pub 3D Printing Meetup
- Dates/Times: March 14th 12-2pm
- Location: The Draught House Pub
- Description: Come meet Hubs, re:3D communities and other 3D printing enthusiasts in a laid back environment on March 14th! This is a great opportunity to share your love of 3D Printing and see 3D Printers live. Feel free to bring your best prints and ideas!
- Want more? After March 14th Gigabot and the team are super flexible if you’d like to request their presence:)
- Email: email@example.com