Happy 2019! We’re excited to kick off this year with a first: re:3D is going to CES 2019 in Las Vegas January 7-12th and bringing a something big with us… Gigabot X! Our large-scale, affordable 3D printer printing from plastic waste. We’re excited to mark this milestone as we literally journey to CES driving Gigabot X from Houston to Las Vegas then back. After successfully launching Gigabot X on Kickstarter last year, our engineers have been working hard with backers to evolve to the first working prototype that will make its first debut at CES and will be taken home by its first customer from WeWork after the show… a brilliant anniversary after winning the WeWork Creator Award almost exactly a year ago! We’ll be exhibiting in Eureka Park and pitching live
Gigabot X has come a long way – and our mission to decimate cost and scale barriers to 3D printing and utilizing plastic waste to empower people to solve problems is still at our core. And we have some exciting research findings to support it. Dr. Pearce and the team at Michigan Technical University have published a peer-reviewed study and have one more under review validating the benefits of using
We’ll be posting daily insights, so stay tuned on the blog & we’ll be using #ReduceReuseRe3D throughout our trip on social media @re3Dprinting! But this first post shares our CES schedule (which we will continue to update in real time), our road trip
#Extreme2CES Road Trip To Vegas!
#HonkIfYouLike3Dprinting! The team has loaded up and hit the road! We’re all packed up with Gigabots in Uhauls and teammates are making the
Enjoy some photos of our first days.
If you’re looking to connect at CES, here’s where we’ll be. We’ll continue to update our location and activities live on this post
- Monday, January 7th // Tony Hsieh’s Downtown Container Park [map]
- 6-8pm: We’re hosting a small & mighty dinner at Bin 702 from 6-8pm to unveil Gigabot X at CES. Spots are limited, so RSVP here and we’d love to connect with media contacts interested in getting a first look at our latest technology and share conversation on technology for the greater good.
- Tuesday, January 8th // Eureka Park @ Tech West Floor 1 Sands Hall G Booth 51510 [map]
X and our team will be co-exhibiting in the government pavilion in partnership with National Science Foundation and Small Business Association. Gigabot
15pm: Techstars Robotics Pitch Competition at Startup Stage in Eureka Park Sands Expo Center, on level 1, in Hall G Booth 50268 [map].
- 5-7pm: We’ll be with Finn Partners and IEEE to cheers the first day of CES 2019 at Tao Restaurant.
- Wednesday, January 9th // Gigabot rolls big in Vegas
- More details on our whereabouts to come and we have 2 Gigabots up for grabs if you’d like to get together.
- Follow on social media & hashtags #ReduceReuseRe3D #Extreme2CES for our live location (or check back here).
- Thursday, January 10th // Extreme Tech Challenge Finals @ The Venetian Bellini Ballroom [map]
- 12-1pm: We’ll be
demo’ingGigabot X at The Venetian Bellini Ballroom Booth 2003-2006 (Location)
- 1-3pm: Pitching live as a finalist in Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge. Come cheer us on (and no matter where in the world you are, tune in via #XTC2019).
- Find us at HAKKASSAN nightclub dancing away later that night.
- 12-1pm: We’ll be
- Friday, January 11th // Eureka Park @ Tech West, Floor 1 Sands Hall G Booth 51510 [map]
- 9am-4pm: We’re back in Eureka Park!
- 8-11pm: That evening you can find us kicking it with Kickstarter & closing out CES at their event at The Golden Tiki.
- Customers: If you’re a customer attending CES, we have a gift for you! Get in touch and let us know where you’ll be at email@example.com.
- Press: We have so many exciting stories to break at CES – especially our major milestone of creating a 3D printer printing from trash! Join our exclusive
kick offdinner on Monday, schedule a private GigabotX showing, and get more collateral from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share the Love: Don’t forget to follow us across social media platforms #ReduceReuseRe3D #Extreme2CES across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
If you have any tips on who to connect with or where to be, please get in touch! email@example.com. Don’t forget #ReduceReuseRe3D – more from us soon!